Well, this last year I only signed up for a few challenges, and those were ones I KNEW I could so easily meet. One was to read 12 YA books. Duh. I finished that challenge. in 2010, I'm going to push myself a little harder, but I should still be able to meet this challenge. It's the Young Adult Reading Challenge on J. Kaye's blog. I'll be posting all my books on this link, so look for the updates later. If you're interested in this challenge, you can do it, too.
Here are the rules:
1. Anyone can join. You don't need a blog to participate.
--Non-Bloggers: Post your list of books in the comment section of the wrap-up post. To learn how to sign up without having a blog, go to J. Kayes post (link further down).
2. There are four levels:
--The Mini YA Reading Challenge – Read 12 Young Adult novels.
--Just My Size YA Reading Challenge – Read 25 Young Adult novels.
--Stepping It Up YA Reading Challenge – Read 50 Young Adult novels.
--Super Size Me YA Reading Challenge – Read 75 Young Adult novels.
3. Audio, eBooks, paper all count.
4. No need to list your books in advance. You may select books as you go. Even if you list them now, you can change the list if needed.
5. Challenge begins January 1st thru December, 2010.
6. When you sign up under Mr. Linky, put the direct link to your post where your Young Adult novels will be listed. Include the URL so that other viewers can find this fun challenge. If you’d prefer to put your list in the sidebar of your blog, please leave your viewers the link to the sign up page. Again, so viewers can join the challenge too.
If you're up for this challenge, you can sign up here.
Personally, I'm signing up for Super Size - 75 YA books in the year. It will be close, but I'm pretty sure I can do it. My goal is to actually finish this challenge by October, when I'm doing a YA book presentation at the Oregon Association of School Libraries conference. It should be a fun challenge - wish me luck!
UPDATE 9/27/10: Well, I am going to have to kick it into HIGH gear if I'm going to meet this challenge for the year, or I'm going to have to resign myself to not meeting it :( I have only read 35 YA books this year. I'm a lot closer to 75 if I include all the adult books I have read, but I still have a ways to go...And I thought this would be a pretty easy one. Traveling for five weeks this summer was not a good idea in terms of this challenge, that's for sure. But I would still pick going to Australia over meeting the challenge :)