Hi, I'm Mrs. F-B!

Monday, January 22, 2007

The Lizard's Bite - David Hewson

This is an adult mystery set in Venice, and I really enjoyed this book. It was interesting because the three main police officers in this novel are actually from Rome (this is the fourth or fifth book involving the same characters) and they are always complaining about Venice and how tawdry it is. I' of course, being an American, LOVED Venice. What a fun place to get lost! Reading this book brought back all kinds of fun memories of trips we've made to Venice, and I wondered which vision was more true - mine or theirs? This mystery was quite complex, and I really don't think many middle schoolers would enjoy it, but if there are any parents reading this, I'd highly recommend the Nic Costa series by David Hewson. Available at Multnomah County Library.

No comments: