Hi, I'm Mrs. F-B!

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas Book Blog Swap - WOW!




Somewhere in my blog trollings in November I saw a post about a Secret Santa Swap between book bloggers, so I thought I'd participate, and what fun it turned out to be. Dawn from Concord, queen of She Is Too Fond of Books, was my Secret Santa, and it was like she KNEW me. She sent me a whole bunch of goodies that were all prefect choices for me. I got YUMMY chocolate truffles - hand-made in Concord, a calendar of great books which I'm afraid is going to be running my library hold list up quite high, a great mix CD for yoga (which I just recently stated doing) and some of my favorite Burt's Bees lip balm. I also got a great new blog to read through this swap, and that just might be the best gift of all - it's certainly a gift that keeps on giving! Thanks, Dawn!




And then, as if the cosmos were linking us together or something, my mother-in-law sent me this fun hanging ornament which I am planning to put in my own library! How cool (and random!) is that?


I'm super glad someone decided to organize this, and I hope that Christine, who has a very cool blog (Between Concrete and Sky) about books and photography, two things I love, received her gift from me - it was scheduled to arrive on Christmas Eve - nothing like waiting until the last minute to mail a Chrismtas gift...

Hope you are all enjoying a fun and relaxing holiday season like I am :)

3 comments:

Ana S. said...

wow, what great gifts from Dawn! I also love the ornament. I'm happy to hear you made new blogging friends through the Swap. That's the best thing about activities like this :) I hope you hear from Christine soon!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed your gifts, Erin; it was fun to put everything together.

That ornament from your MIL is wonderful! yes, it was destined that I would be your Secret Santa :)

I agree, the gifts and surprises were a lot of fun, and it was also nice to discover new blogs during the swap.

Best wishes for the New Year!

Anonymous said...

Hi Erin...

I wanted to drop by and say thank you SO much for all the wonderful secret santa gifts. I was so surprised! I actually did get a note for it last week and went to pick it up from the post office today. We have the tiniest mailboxes here in NY!! haha.

Again, thank you for your very thoughtful gifts. It will be part of a post on my blog soon! ;)

I am glad also to discover your blog through this swap and see that we share a love of photography and books! I will definitely be visiting your photography site as well.

I hope that you had a wonderful holiday and I wish you all the best for 2009!