Hi, I'm Mrs. F-B!

Monday, November 19, 2012

Elizabeth Rusch titles - Will It Blow, The Planet Hunter, A Day with No Crayons, Girls' Tennis, For the Love of Music, The Mighty Mars Rover

Author Elizabeth Rusch is an Oregonian who has a writing resume that is quite varied!  She's written book and magazine articles.  She writes fiction and nonfiction.  She writes about sports and art and music and science.  It's pretty amazing that she does all these things and does them all well!

Recently I met her at a conference and before the conference I read nearly all her children's books.  I loved exploring the world of Mozart and music in the book she wrote about Mozart's sister, actually, called For the Love of Music.  I loved exploring Mars in her book The Mighty Mars Rover, especially since that book came out right around the time we were landing Curiosity on Mars, and I really enjoyed learning about why poor Pluto got demoted from being a planet in The Planet Hunter.  Her fiction book A Day with No Crayons was super fun, and the volcano books were also quite interesting.  But the book I loved the most was Girls' Tennis.   I started playing tennis this last year, and I really am having fun with it (well, less fun in the rain...), so it was cool to read about these really rock star women of tennis.


Elizabeth said that when she was young she had all kinds of ideas about what he wanted to be when he grew up, and that choosing this career path has allowed her to sort of be all those things, if just for a little while, as she researches and writes.  That's a pretty cool thing.  So if you're not sure what you want to be when you grow up, keep this profession in mind!







No comments: