Hi, I'm Mrs. F-B!

Monday, March 30, 2009

6th Grade posting - A Great and Terrible Beauty

6th graders at WOMS have been invited to post guest entries on my blog for YA books they’ve recently read. This is Rosita’s entry. Thanks, Rosita!

A Great and Terrible Beauty

Libba Bray

Delacorte Press 403p.

The plot in this book is that Gemma Doyle has special powers. Her powers are that she attracts the supernatural. She becomes entangled with the school’s (Spence Academy)most powerful girls. She also discovers her mother’s connection to a shadowy group called the Order. It’s there that her destiny waits .. if only she could believe it.

Gemma Doyle is a very proper young lady is very elegant. She has a dream of that she will overlook her father that she will go to Spence Academy.

Poor Gemma: I feel sad for her because she just had lost her mother, Virginia Doyle two months ago. The way the book was so mysterious it just kept on getting better this made me keep on reading the book until I finish it. And how it was old fashion in the 1895 how it describes the setting.

To me as reader I was interested in mysterious books some people I think would like this book are people who I ghosts and mysterious books or just like old fashion books.

Submitted by Rosita S.

No comments: