Hi, I'm Mrs. F-B!

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Book of a Thousand Days by Shannon Hale

Oh my goodness this is one of the best, best, best books I have read in a long while. I adored Princess Academy, and I think this one is even better. I can't believe its only awards are Best Book of the Year lists. Those are nothing to sneeze at, mind you, but still, no Newbery honor even? Of course I haven't read all of this year's honorees, so I suppose they could be better, but I'm highly doubting it. And oh, happy day, she didn't name this one something with "Princess" in the title, because this book will appeal to boys and girls. The main characters are girls, but they find themselves in a pretty ugly situation, being imprisoned in a tower for seven years and hounded by horrific Khasar. It's quite dramatic and suspenseful, and a totally terrific read. One of those books I'm sad I've read because now it's not out there for me to find anymore. It's amazing!

I've ordered it for the library, but in the meantime you can find it at Multnomah County Libraries.

No comments: