Hi, I'm Mrs. F-B!

Thursday, October 22, 2009

More Letters from Pemberley - Jane Dawkins

This was a continuation of Pride and Prejudice made up of letters from Elizabeth Darcy to all kinds of people who were part o her circle - friends, family, her husband, acquaintances, etc. It was by another author - not Jane Austen - but I thought it was quite faithful to the style of writing of Austen, and I've read a lot of Austen. Obviously this author has as well!

The book covered four years(maybe six?) after Elizabeth Bennett married Mr. Darcy. It was mostly about her life, but you got glimpses into the lives of others as well, such as her sisters, her friend Charlotte Lucas and her sister-in-law Georgiana.

I really enjoyed this book, particularly because I could read it in short chunks, and that worked well for my life of late :) Fans of Pride and Prejudice will enjoy this novel.

Available at the Multnomah County Library.

No comments: