Hi, I'm Mrs. F-B!

Sunday, August 08, 2010

How's Your Summer Reading going?

Here's a picture of me at the State Library of New South Wales in Sydney Australia! We stopped by there on our trip. It was actually a really cool building! Even with all my traveling I've read quite a few books so far this summer. I read the House at Riverton by an Australian author while I was in Australia. Loved it! Lots of flashback to WWI by the older narrator. I also read the fantastic book by Kathryn Stockett called The Help. Mrs. Volz recommended it to me, and it was amazing. Could hardly put it down! Several of what I call Beach Books - light and easy just for the fun of reading books have been finished: More Blood, More Sweat and Another Cup of Tea was one. It's a non-fictional account of an ambulance driver's experiences in London. NOT a job I'd want! three mysteries: An Agatha Christie that I've forgotten the title of, The Bicycle Shop Murder, and Murder Takes the Cake. My grown up book club book for the month was Spooky Little girl by Laurie Notaro. Quirky and funny, it was just what the book club ordered for summer! Since I got home, jet lag's been kicking my behind, but I've read She's so Dead to Us by Kieran Scott which I liked but didn't think the ending was very good because there was NO closure, none, and The Ex Games by Jennifer Echols which I liked better, if only for the ending. Hope you're getting some summer reading done for our contest! All the forms you might need are on the WOMS library page!

Enjoy the rest of summer - I'm going to try and read the whole OBOB stack!

No comments: