Hi, I'm Mrs. F-B!

Sunday, October 15, 2006

New Moon by Stephenie Meyer

I started this book on Friday night, and I plan to finish tonight before I go to sleep so I have to hurry up and finish this post! It is the sequel to Twilight which I read this summer and which immediately became my favorite ever vampire book. I love vampire books! Doesn't seem like me, does it? But it's true, I do. Anyway, both Twilight and New Moon are set in Forks, Washington, and revolve around the main character Bella Swan and the Cullen family. In this sequel, the Cullens leave Forks, and Bella, who is truly, madly, deeply in love with Edward Cullen is devastated. She goes into a deep depression, and is saved only through her friendship with a Native American boy, Jacob (who'd really like to be more than friends). But Jacob has secrets of his own, and danger surrounds all of them, moving closer and closer. I find that the sequel is rarely as good as the first book, and this holds true for these two novels, but I definitely still think this one is worth reading and will keep you on the edge of your seat. I have ordered this book for the WOMS library and I'm expecting it any day now, so look for it on our shelves. Twilight is already in the library (although you'll probably have to put a hold on it to get a chance to read it because it's rarely in).

No comments: