Hi, I'm Mrs. F-B!

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

ALA awards being announced next week!

Wow, the ALA awards, the big ones like the Newbery, the Caldecott, the Printz, the Pura Belpré, and many more sort of snuck up on me this year. they're already being announced next week. I'm pretty excited about it, but I went trolling through all kinds of blogs tonight looking to see what people have predicted will win, and I've hardly read ANY of them. It's a little frightening. I mean, I'm supposed to be on the forefront of children's and YA lit, and I haven't even read the top candidates of the year? I haven't even HEARD of some of them. Yikes. Needless to say, my hold list at the public library got pretty huge tonight. 28 requests currently...

The good news is, many of the favorites I read about won't win either. The hubbub after the awards is actually usually a lot of fun to read, too. All these librarians and book people going, WHAT??? Who picked THAT book??? They should have picked THIS book!!!! It's pretty funny. Anyway, I'll post all the award books as soon as I hear what they are, and I'll be ordering them for our library, too, so you can be on the forefront of children's and YA lit even if your librarian is a little behind :)

I'm off to read something before I go to sleep. I've got a lot of things to get through...

1 comment:

Susan Kusel said...

Erin- I agree with you- I think the post awards reaction is one of the best parts!
-Susan