Hi, I'm Mrs. F-B!

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Mississippi Jack - L.A. Meyer

Fans of the Bloody Jack series will love this new one, just like you've loved all the other ones, although I have to say I personally am ready for a few things to change. Let me know what you think they might be if you read this one.

In this story Jacky Faber, is back as a ship's captain, albeit a smaller ship and one she got sort of underhandedly like another time I can think of, but this time instead of frolicking on the roiling seas, she's floating down the Mississippi River.

(As an aside - how many of you remember the great feeling of accomplishment you got when you learned to spell "Mississippi"?)

As usual, Jacky has all kinds of wild times on the water. There's excitement and danger and dastardly deeds along with hilarity and kindness and a few stolen kisses. Plus, as with every pirate novel, there's a little swearing, so if your parents would rather you not read books with any swearing in them, this is not the choice for you.

Arrrrrgh, mateys.

1 comment:

Ms. Yingling said...

I don't have these. Maybe it was the swearing. I know I looked at them at one point. If you like this series, try Somper's Vampirates. Really, how were those two words NEVER put together before now? Rollicking fun.