Hi, I'm Mrs. F-B!

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Every Last Cuckoo - Kate Maloy

I adored this book. It's a grown up book about a 75 year old woman whose husband has just passed away and she's a little bit lost. It kind of reminds me of the book I read earlier this summer called Hunting and Gathering. By creating a community, everyone gains. It's beautifully written with some chapters of flashback set throughout the story. It's interesting in that it's a coming of age story but for a 75 year old woman, whereas I usually read coming of age stories for adolescents. Every stage of life is a new beginning.

A wonderful, heartfelt book that had me laughing and crying. Beautifully done. Thanks to She Is Too Fond of Books for the recommendation. I'd also highly recommend this blog to grown-up book lovers who are reading MY blog :)

Happy reading!

No comments: