Hi, I'm Mrs. F-B!

Monday, November 09, 2009

Henry's Sisters - Cathy Lamb

This is the third book I've read by this Oregon author, and although I liked the book, it had a lot more sadness in it than her previous books, and I was looking forward to something a little lighter when I picked it up.

One thing Cathy Lamb does really well is character development, and I had a particularly favorite character in this one, and that was Amelia Earhart. No, not the REAL Amelia Earhart, but don't tell Grandma because she's pretty sure she is. The main characters in this story are three sisters and their brother Henry. The story is focused on their relationships with one another as well as their family history which has deeply affected all of them. Their grandmother has Alzheimer's, and she is sure she is Amelia Earhart, the famous woman pilot. She is never out of character and lends a bit of lightheartedness to a sometimes heavy novel.

Recommended for adult readers. Available at the Multnomah County Library.

No comments: