Hi, I'm Mrs. F-B!

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Not Your Mother's Slow Cooker Recipes for Entertaining - Beth Hensperger

I got this book for free on my new Kindle, and it was fabulous. I spent all afternoon reading through it, and I got a lot of great recipe ideas. The Kindle is really cool, because you can mark up a section - or in this case a recipe title - and then go back to it really easily. Here are some of the recipes I want to try out - let me know which ones you want to be entertained with :)

Tamari almonds
Champurrado (I think that one was Mexican drinking chocolate)
Onion Soup with Champagne
Gingered Carrot Sweet Potato Soup
Hearty Borscht with Cabbage
four kinds of Risotto
Double Corn Spoonbread
Cuban Black Beans
Tapioca pudding
Gingerbread with Blackberry sauce (who knew you could bake a CAKE in the slow cooker?)
Truffles.

I'm going to be pretty busy, but there's just something so appealing about not having to actually DO much, and then presto, dinner (or dessert) is ready. I'm looking forward to trying out this recipe book.

Many recipes easy enough for kids, especially if they had some help. This book is available at the Multnomah County Public Library.

No comments: