Hi, I'm Mrs. F-B!

Friday, December 11, 2009

Poetry Friday -Snowflake Haikus

After last winter, a lot of Portland people could do without any snow days this year, but not me. I love to watch it snow! It's so peaceful, and a great opportunity to curl up with a good book :) These haikus are from a Denver newspaper. Readers submited their own snowflake haikus. I just chose a few to put here, but if you want to read more, Click here.

Snowflakes

No two are alike
Settle on my frozen tongue
Pure beauty falling

Connie Masthay

***

Snowflakes are falling
Unique beauties of nature
Amaze and delight

Robin Bathke

***

Snowflakes fall softly
White drifts blanket forest floors
Quiet, peaceful sleep

Elizabeth Singleton

***

Fairy tutus fall
Drifting on the ground below
Enchanted dancing

Barbara T. Bauer

No comments: