Hi, I'm Mrs. F-B!

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Georgette Heyer my newest audio obsession

I think I read these books by Georgette Heyer are called Regency romances, but whatever they're called, I like them! They're historical fiction set in the late 1800s in England and they're fairly formulaic, but for audiobooks, I like that because then I don't have to think too much, and that's a good thing because I usually listen when I'm driving. So far I have listened to three of them and am on my fourth. They have fantastic character development and women characters who were quite spunky for their time because they always have their own ideas and aren't afraid to say them (or sometimes act on them without saying anything).

If you like historical fiction and enjoy stories treat move at a gentle pace, give Georgette Heyer a try!

1 comment:

Lori said...

She invented the Regency genre. Her Regencies are set in the early 1800s, the Regency Era of England. She also wrote many set in Georgian England, which would be the late 1700s. She wrote four novels contemporary to her own life, and around 11 or so detective stories, also contemporary. She wrote a couple of novels set in Medieval England, and at least on during Charles II's reign. But she didn't set any in the late 1800s. I hope you continue to check out Ms. Heyer's books. She is quite the witty writer!