Hi, I'm Mrs. F-B!

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

YALSA's Teens' Top Ten List out yesterday

Huzzah!  The new Teens' Top Ten list is out, and my favorite book of last year, Code Name Verity is Number ONE!  And when I went to link that review here, I discovered that somehow I didn't review that book.  What the what?  HOW did I miss it? I can't believe it.  Seriously my favorite for the Printz award, although it only got an honor. Well, I guess you will just have to be satisfied with the Goodreads page for this book, and me saying that if you are a strong high school reader or an adult who likes suspense, intrigue and mystery, go get this book.  RIGHT NOW!  It's amazing.

Also amazing is her companion novel that just recently came out, Rose Under Fire. I really did review that one HERE.  It's more accessible for middle school and up.  Excellent, excellent writing!

I also apparently failed to review Maggie Steifvater's Raven Boys, which was also on the list even though I read it and loved it - I have been slacking on the reviews I guess.  I thought I was doing better than this.  Anyway, Raven Boys has lots of suspense and intrigue as well, and lots of magical realism, and even though I wouldn't say that's usually my favorite, I really thought this book was fantastic.  Here's the Goodreads link.  I got to meet Maggie Stiefvater at Starbucks this summer when we were all at the Harry Potter convention.  Total fangirl moment.  Very exciting!

To see all of this year's list, please take a look at this short video from YALSA which doesn't want to embed, unfortunately. Happy reading!



No comments: