Hi, I'm Mrs. F-B!

Tuesday, March 03, 2009

YA Book Challenge 2009 - you can join, too

UPDATE MARCH 3, 2009 - I FINISHED THE CHALLENGE!!!!!! You can see my list below. That was so fun. Lots of great books in that list. It's so exciting to find so many great new books out there. And it only took me about two months! Now maybe I'll go look for another challenge that I think I can finish. There's still time for you to participate in this one if you want - join the fun!


Today I came across a book challenge here that I am 100% sure I can meet, and I'm way excited, because I often see book challenges on people's blogs that overwhelm me, and I don't like to start something I'm pretty sure I won't finish. Therefore, I am announcing my entry into the 2009 Young Adult Book Challenge, and I invite you to join me, too!

Guidelines for 2009 Young Adult Book Challenge




1. Anyone can join. You don't need a blog to participate.

2. Read 12 Young Adult novels. No need to list your books in advance. You may select books as you go. Even if you list them now, you can change the list if needed.

3. Challenge begins January thru December, 2009.

4. You can join anytime between now and December 31, 2009.

I'll be coming back to this entry to post the titles I read, but I'll do a regular review as well.

1.Born Confused by Tanuja Desai Hidier
2.Now and Zen by Linda Gerber
3.Paper Towns by John Green
4.Possibilities of Sainthood by Donna Freitas
5.Hate that Cat by Sharon Creech
6. Violet on the Runway by Melissa Walker
7. Violet By Design by Melissa Walker
8. Violet in Private by Melissa Walker
9. Shark Girl by Kelly Bingham
10. The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau Banks by E. Lockhart
11. Peeling the Onion by Wendy Orr
12. The Opposite of Invisiible by Liz Gallagher

If you're a WOMS student who would like to join, just make a comment on this entry, and I'll give you your own entry to post your titles. Hope you can join me!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wanted to stop in and welcome you to this challenge. If you haven't already, feel free to join us at the Yahoo Groups where others are participating in this challenge as well as others.

Since you've already posted a page - this - I linked it to Mr. Linky. Take a look. If you need me to change your name, let me know what to put.

Ivÿ said...

Signed up for the YA challenge, too! I already listed mine but will be starting come Feb. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey! I received your help message. I have your URL/Blog listed under the completed list. Here's the page: http://j-kaye-book-blog.blogspot.com/2008/12/2009-young-adult-book-challenge.html

Congratulations!