Hi, I'm Mrs. F-B!

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Attack of the Theater People - Marc Acito

A few years ago when my husband and I were in Costa Rica, we were looking on one of those "trade a paperback" bookshelves in a small hotel, and we found a hilarious book called How I Paid for College by Marc Acito. Turned out he was from Portland, of all things! And then one of my friends starred in a play written by him this winter. It really is a small world.

So when I saw he had a new book out, I really wanted to read it. Unfortunately, the first book was so great, this one just couldn't live up to expectations. I did enjoy this book. It has some very funny moments, and the characters are really vivid, but the plot moved too slowly for me this time, so I didn't enjoy it as much as his first book. I should not be surprised by this, though, because it is extremely rare for me to like the second book in a series as much as I like the first.

Adults looking for a laugh and especially those who have an interest in theater will enjoy Marc Acito's books. Available at the Multnomah County library.

No comments: