Hi, I'm Mrs. F-B!

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Two Bobbies - Kirby Larson and Mary Methery


The subtitle of this book is A True Story of Hurricane Katrina, Friendship, and Survival
and it is one of the sweetest picture books I have read in a long time. It's also a bit sad because when Hurricane Katrina happened so many people had to flee and left their pets behind. I cannot imagine leaving my cats behind, but when your life is in danger and you're trying to escape, your priorities are probably a bit shifted.

But the good news is, there's good news! These two pets find each other and become each other's savior. Well, some peopel also help out, but really, if they hadn't had each other, I don't think even the people could have helped. Hurray for realationships - between people, between animals, between people and animals.

I am telling you. This book is SWEET.

I picked this up after a blog interview I did with Kirby Larson who also wrote Hattie Big Sky (which I love, love, love), and I am so glad did. It's available at the Multnomah County Library.

No comments: