Hi, I'm Mrs. F-B!

Friday, October 01, 2010

Poetry Friday - "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" - Jack Norworth

This last weekend I went to Plains, Georgia, home of President Jimmy Carter to see the president and also to attend the Plains Peanut Festival. It was all peanuts, all the time down there, let me tell you. I learned so much about peanuts and even ate boiled peanuts which I'd never had before! I had so much fun. Anyway, I wanted to find a peanut poem this week, and when I saw this one, AND I realized it's October, baseball playoffs month, I knew this was the one. Enjoy!

"Take me out to the ball game,
Take me out with the crowd.
Buy me some peanuts and cracker jack,
I don't care if I never get back,
Let me root, root, root for the home team,
If they don't win it's a shame.
For it's one, two, three strikes, you're out,
At the old ball game."

Take Me Out to the Ball Game

1927 Version

No comments: