Hi, I'm Mrs. F-B!

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Along for the Ride, -Sarah Dessen

I've already read this book, but I decided I wanted to listen to it, so I checked out the CDs from the Multnomah County Library. The reading was pretty good, but the reader was not the best I've heard. I was actually glad I'd read it a while ago, because there were enough details that were fuzzy that I still enjoyed it. I wasn't always sure what was coming next.

The book is vintage Sarah Dessen. Girl with a problem. Boy with a problem. The two of them come together and help each other cope. And a lot happens in between. There are also lots of girl relationship pieces that I think are super important in this book, and mother-daughter relationship pieces. Sarah Dessen is really just the complete package!

This story all takes place at the beach, and I'm beach bound this weekend, so I cannot wait. although the NC shore in summer and the Oregon coast in winter are a teensy bit different, that's for sure...

A friend of mine who's a librarian said this is her third favorite YA love story! That's pretty good, because she reads a LOT. Available at the WOMS library.

1 comment:

Ελλάδα said...

This book is perfect for any teenage girl looking for a book filled with twists and turns around every corner, drama, relationships, family, and friends. In the story, Auden spends her summer in the small beach town of Colby, North Carolina. She has planned to be cooped up in her dad¿s house for the entire summer, studying for college. She finds this extremely difficult with her newborn step sister crying all of the time. Insomniac Auden meets a local guy, Eli, which is willing to show her around Colby. Every night, the two do something exciting, and Auden has more fun than she has had in a long time. Auden and Eli try to relive their childhoods, which were each taken at a very young age, forcing them to act like adults. Eli, who is known around Colby for winning bike ramp competitions, finds out that Auden doesn¿t know how to ride a bike, and he teaches her how.