Hi, I'm Mrs. F-B!

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A Wrinkle in Time - Madeline L'Engle

There IS such a thing as a tesseract. Who knew? Well, besides Meg's physicist father, Mrs. Who, Mrs. Which and Mrs. Whatsit, of course. In this classic science fiction tale, Meg, her brother Charles Wallace and their friend Calvin find out all about tesseracts and their encounter gets a little too close for comfort sometimes, almost to the point of losing Charles Wallace completely. There's a lot of suspense and tension in the story, and a lot of science. There's also a lot more religion than I remembered. Kind of interesting. Not many mainstream books that are so overt thee days.

I'm not a huge sci-fi fan, so I didn't love this book, but I thought it was OK and it is a great book for fans of the genre. Available at the WOMS library.

No comments: