Hi, I'm Mrs. F-B!

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Five adult novels

A Fatal Grace - Louise Penny. A mystery set in the small town of Three Pines in Canada. had no idea who did it over most of the novel, and then when I actually DID figure it out I decided I was wrong. good thing I never became a detective!

I Heart New York - Lindsey Kelk. A chick lit book that I liked but didn't love. It was a nice easy read that suited me at the time I picked it up. I was expecting something different, so that was kind of nice in a way.

A Darcy Christmas - Grange, Lathan, & Eberhart. I think I OD'd on Pride and Prejudice sequels a little before I picked this one up. Also, it was three short stories, and I'm just not a big short story fan. There are other P&P sequels I'd choose over this.

A Duty to the Dead - Charles Todd. Reminded me of the Jacqueline Winspear Maisie Dobbs books. War nurse, mystery, secrets and lies. Good stuff. I actually like the Maisie Dobbs series a little better than this, but I'm wondering if it's because I've read so many of the Maisie books that I really feel I know her now. I'm checking out another Bess Crawford mystery to see if over time I like her as well as Maisie.

Her Fearful Symmetry - Audrey Niffeneger. SERIOUSLY cannot believe the ending of this book. It was a weird book the whole way through, requiring lots of suspension of disbelief, and then WHAM! What the heck??? Nuff said.

No comments: