Hi, I'm Mrs. F-B!

Monday, September 05, 2011

The Not So Great Depression, Amy Goldman Koss

The full title of this book is The Not-so-Great Depression : in which the economy crashes, my sister's plans are ruined, my mom goes broke, my dad grows vegetables, and I do not get a hamster. So now I don't really need to tell you about the story because between that title and the cover, you pretty much know what happens. But, I will tell you it's a funny book that deals with some pretty tough issues that a lot of kids are going through with these tough economic times. Amy Goldman Koss has a knack for doing that - dealing with tough things but lightening the situation up. I think that's a great skill for all of us. Rough things happen to everyone, but how we deal with them is what's most important.

This book is available at the Multnomah County Library.

1 comment:

Ms. Yingling said...

I forgot that I wanted to read this. Good luck with your new job. I'm three weeks into the year and still employed; we even have a new overload of k-12 library, so that will be interesting! Hope your underlings behave!