Hi, I'm Mrs. F-B!

Friday, April 02, 2010

Poetry Friday "Words"

This is another poem written by a teen. We should all practice using more Hello words, I think! I know I'm going to be working on it.



WORDS

Words fly across the paper like blackbirds across the sky
and I think to myself why oh
why oh why
why why,

Why would anyone use words like
I hate and
I can’t and
I quit therefore I won’t and
Goodbye
Good Bye?

Why not take that beautiful skill and use words like
I love and
I can and
I will or
at least I’ll try and
Hello… hello,
because I believe in word conversation
and if you’re going to use a word at all
it should be one that glides off your tongue
and floats around to sit comfortably in someone’s ear.

So next time I see you
I’ll be using the words like
I love and
I can and
I will or
at least I’ll try and
Hello… hello.
Yeah, words.

No comments: