Hi, I'm Mrs. F-B!

Monday, May 23, 2011

Am I Right or Am I Right?

Just from looking at the picture on the cover of this book, you will probably not be surprised to hear that Calma, this story's main character, is a bit of a drama queen. Her heart is in the right place for sure, but sometimes she leaps before she looks and it can have pretty bad consequences.

I thought the author created fairly believable characters in this novel, but the relationship Calma and her mom had, communicating almost always via notes on the fridge made me kind of sad. Her lack of relationship with her father and her unwillingness to bend even a little on that also made me kind of sad. Luckily, there was a lot of funny stuff to off set the downers.

This book has a lot of plotlines going, so readers will need to stay focused to keep up.

Available at the WOMS library.

No comments: