Hi, I'm Mrs. F-B!

Saturday, June 06, 2009

Something Maybe, Elizabeth Scott


Hannah is a smart girl, but she's making dumb boy choices. WHY do girls so often do this? They get wowed by the super hottie, and the super sweetie, the much better choice, obviously, gets left standing in the rain. It does make for a good story, however, which is what you have here. Throw in a mom with an, um unconventional job, a dad who's a famous star but doesn't have time for his daughter unless he wants something, and you've really got the fixin's for some action.

Of course Hannah would prefer that no one even know she HAS parents (as is the case for most adolescents I think, but really, really so much worse for Hannah). She does everything she can to keep them under wraps, but when your dad's famous this can be tricky. Especially when he tricks you. I felt bad for Hannah because she just wanted her dad to love her for her, and it seemed like that was just too much for him. I so cannot even imagine this kind of situation because my own experience was so far opposite of this.

Pick up this story at the public library to determine whether Hannah eventually sees the error of her ways with the boys or not.

1 comment:

Dawn - She is Too Fond of Books said...

I love the cover on this book!

I really have to push my 13 yr old to read your blog. I think she'd find a lot of books here that would interest her (this one, for example!)