Hi, I'm Mrs. F-B!

Monday, March 15, 2010

A couple of new noteworthy blogs

I've recently found a couple of new blogs I like, so I thought I'd share.

The first is What We Read and What We Think. I came across this one via Fuse#8, one of my favorite blogs of all time, who mentioned that Eric Carpenter, author of WWR&WWT was doing a bracket for the School Library Journal's Battle for the Kids' Books. Tis the season for brackets, you know (Mr. Massey's getting an NCAA one ready for us here at WOMS), so I moseyed on over and I really liked reading through his other entries, too. The author is from Atlanta, Georgia and says he's a second grade teacher who "reads way too much". I'm not sure you can read too much, can you? Nonetheless, I've added his blog to my links list on the right side of my blog.

The second is a blog called Children's Books and Reviews done by a couple in California. Their website slogan is, “Helping adults become experts on children’s literature.” I was really impressed by the reviews on the site - they're super detailed, and by an excellent comment Aaron left on one of my reviews. I've also added a link to their blog on my links list.

I love being part of the community of bloggers. It's kind of an interesting community to belong to, because most of us will never meet, but we all share a passion for books and it just feels like we really do know each other.

No comments: