Hi, I'm Mrs. F-B!

Friday, March 12, 2010

Poetry Friday - "Pythagoras"

I forgot to write down the author of this poem, but I wish I had because surely the person who wrote these beautiful lines should get credit. Words AND form are awesome.


PYTHAGORAS

Watching four birds fly by,
two…
four…
six…
eight wings in harmony
rising
then
falling,
Pythagoras said:
All these numbers.
The universe
counted and measured
even or odd,
forms rhythmic patterns
of motion and harmony
like the beating
wings
of birds.

2 comments:

Lisa Schroeder said...

You're the lucky winner of the Cupcake book and notecards!!

If you could please e-mail me with the address you'd like me to send it to, I'll drop it in the mail to you in the next couple of weeks. alwayslisa at gmail dot com

Thank you and congrats!!

Anonymous said...

This poem "Pythagoras" is by Madeleine Comora. Awesome poet and children's book author!