Hi, I'm Mrs. F-B!

Monday, April 13, 2009

6th Grade entry - Monster

6th graders at WOMS have been invited to post guest entries on my blog for YA books they’ve recently read. This is Madison’s entry. Thanks, Madison!

Monster
Meyer
Walter Dean Meyer
Harper Collins Publishers,281p.


The book that I read is called Monster it was written by Walter Dean Meyer. Monster is all about a boy named Steve Harmon. Steve was convicted to be part of a murder scene. But of course Steve says he had nothing to do with it. This book will take you from the beginning of the case to the end.

The character I chose to write about is Steve Harmon. Steve is a sixteen year old male who was convicted in murdering someone. Steve is not your average person who would be in jail because he is a smart, kind person at least that is what everyone thinks. Steve’s dream is to become a famous movie director and write a movie of his life.

The thing that I liked most about the book would have to be the mystery or the suspense it would leave you with. The reason why I liked the suspense and mystery in this book would probably be because when you would put the book down you would want to pick it up again and read some more. I also liked how it was written in movie form because it made the book more interesting and fun to read.

If I was to recommend this book to people I think fit this book best I would say if you like crime ,mystery, or books that have a lot of suspense in them this is the book for you.

Submitted by Madison P.

No comments: