Hi, I'm Mrs. F-B!

Monday, April 13, 2009

6th Grade Entry - Return of the Homerun Kid

6th graders at WOMS have been invited to post guest entries on my blog for YA books they’ve recently read. This is Ricky’s entry. Thanks, Ricky!

Return of the Homerun Kid
By: Matt Christopher
Publisher: Little, Brown and Company
Pages: 149

Sylvester Coddmyer III was a great baseball player last season and was hitting homeruns every at bat. When he came the next year, he had a huge slump. Then when he was walking home from a baseball game, he ran into an ex-ballplayer named Cheeko. Cheeko gave Sylvester a lot of help for hitting a baseball, throwing a baseball, and fielding a baseball.

Sylvester is a boy that loves baseball. He is a really great batter but he gets in slumps sometimes.

One thing I like best about this book is it’s a baseball book and my favorite sport is baseball. I also like this book because it was interesting and fun to read. Something else I like about this book is that it told what happened when his team, the Redbirds, was playing.

I would recommend this book to people who like reading baseball books.

Submitted By: Ricky C.

No comments: