Hi, I'm Mrs. F-B!

Monday, April 13, 2009

6th Grade Entry - Snakehead

6th graders at WOMS have been invited to post guest entries on my blog for YA books they’ve recently read. This is Josh’s entry. Thanks, Josh!

Snakehead
Anthony Horowitz
Penguin Group, 385 pages

Alex Rider is on another wild mission! This time he is working with his godfather to find out the secret under a group of people called Snakehead. Accept he is working for the ASIS [Australian Secret Intelligence Service].
He has a second job too, that would be to figure out what Snakehead is going to do with a stolen bomb called Royal Blue. Alex goes face to face with the leader of Snakehead, Major Yu, the meanest man on earth!! With the gadgets Smithers gives him Alex fights Snakehead.

Alex Rider is a boy that lives with his housekeeper because his mom, dad, and uncle were killed because they were all spies like Alex! Alex is very smart and can get out of anything. He wants to be a regular kid but he knows he is the best M16 has now that his dad is dead. I think Alex is a really cool kid!!

One thing I liked about the book is how well the author used descriptive words threw out the book. This book is action packed and keeps you on the edge of your seat!!! The author did a very nice job of making a movie in your head while you read. I like how Alex thinks when in a bad situation because it is so how I would think if I was in his situation.

I recommend this book to anyone how likes an action packed and thrilling book. It keeps you on the edge of your seat. Trust me, you will never want to put this book down!!!

Submitted by Josh W.

1 comment:

Charles and Sheri said...

This is makes me want to read this book!!! Josh did good on this blog! I going to read this very soon!!!!!!!!