Hi, I'm Mrs. F-B!

Monday, April 13, 2009

6th grade entry - The Golden Compass

6th graders at WOMS have been invited to post guest entries on my blog for YA books they’ve recently read. This is Cooper’s entry. Thanks, Cooper!

The Golden Compass
Phillip Pullman
Yearling, 399 p.


Lyra Belacqua and her daemon pantalaimon go to the north with Mrs. Coulter to the north to rescue her friend Rodger. Along the way she encounters a few problems or setbacks. Before she left to the north the master at the school she stayed at gave her an aliethiometer. The alietheometer, or Golden Compass, gives Lyra the truth to anything in the world. She makes new friends along the way like Iorek Bernyson, Serafina Pekkala, & Lee Scoresby. The ending is a SHOCKER! So be ready to be surprised.

Lyra Belacqua is about 11 or 12 years old. She is an adventurous girl who always wanted to go to the north. She is courageous and strong. She has blond hair, blue eyes, and an athletic built body.

The stuff I liked best about this book is the adventure in it. I also liked the suspense and the trickery. Another thing I liked about this book is the fighting scenes. The other thing I liked about this book is the Sci Fi parts. The author put a really good picture in my mind.

The people I would recommend this book for would be very good readers. Also Sci Fi and adventure lovers. Fight scenes, trickery, and suspense lovers too.

Submitted by Cooper L.

No comments: