Hi, I'm Mrs. F-B!

Monday, April 13, 2009

6th Grade Entry - Once Upon a Marigold

6th graders at WOMS have been invited to post guest entries on my blog for YA books they’ve recently read. This is Danelle’s entry. Thanks, Danelle!

Once upon a marigold Jean Ferris Scholastic Inc. 266 p. This book is about a troll that found a boy in the woods, and the boy comes and lives with the troll, and as the boy grows up living in a cave, near a castle with five princesses, the boy falls in love with the princess named Marigold. This book is based in the 1930s to 1940s and is a silly, but cute love story. One of the main characters is Edric the troll. He is a very demanding troll and is very strait forward with his words. He is one of the luckiest trolls around because he found a cave that is filled with crystals and every room is filled with bright colors. What I like best about this book is it has three of my favorite things in it. The first thing is the characters. I like how the author puts attitude with the characters because it makes them seem more realistic. They second one is the fantasy the author brings to the story. Anything that is similar to this story I enjoy reading. Then lastly the setting. I like the fact that each room in the cave is a different color. I think people that like fantasy stories would like this book because there is lot of love and action that takes place through out the book. There is so much silly fun that occurs while reading this book, I highly suggest you read it for yourself. You won’t be sorry! Submitted By, Danelle W.

No comments: